- Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) Services
- Our LAN services include
- Our WAN services include
- Data Backup
- Network Evaluations
- Infrastructure Components
- Business Exposures
- Assessment Reports
- Network Design
- Network Monitoring
- Network Security
- Data Center/Co-location Services
- Website, Email, and Domain Name System (DNS) Hosting Services
- Tools and Technologies
- Computer Maintenance
- Wireless Networking
Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) ServicesBack to Top
LANs and WANs are, respectively, the internal and external networks utilized by businesses. More specifically, a Local Area Network is any computer network that covers an immediate, local area, such as a home, office, or small group of buildings (e.g., a school or airport). A Wide Area Network, by contrast, is any computer network covering a broad area, with communication links that cross metropolitan, regional, or national boundaries.
RemoteWorks has expertise in the design, installation, and support of LAN and WAN infrastructures for small to medium-sized businesses. Functioning as business consultants and IT partners, we structure and strategically implement our clients' networks so as to provide the greatest competitive advantage. And with the resources to offer both on and off-site support, RemoteWorks is set up to consistently service your networks with promptness and efficiency.
Our LAN services include:Back to Top
- All forms of secure network connectivity — internal, external, and wireless
- Network security solutions designed to protect proprietary data
- Hardware and software sales
- Cable installation
- Support Layer 1, 2, and 3 switches
Our WAN services include:Back to Top
- Design and installation of multiple remote-site networks
- Implementation of secure Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- The latest technologies for security and reliability
- Router and Firewall installation, configuration, and support
- Secure, off-site housing for your main server architecture at the NAP
- of the Americas (a state of the art telecommunications facility with direct access to the world's major carriers).
ServersBack to Top
Servers are complex machines that drive many of the day-to-day activities companies perform. RemoteWorks can provide support on any servers that you currently own, as well as offer consultations to help you plan and actualize new server purchases. In addition, we implement and support virtual (VM) servers using VMware −− software that enables multiple servers to be run from a single physical machine. With the exception of hardware repairs, RemoteWorks is able to perform most server support on a remote basis.
The health of your company's server infrastructure is greatly insured when you are partnered with RemoteWorks −− a group of experts with the experience and tools to provide effective support when it is needed.
Data BackupBack to Top
One of the central IT obligations facing any business these days is data backup. RemoteWorks is available to create, maintain, and restore data backups for your company. Included in our services is a monitoring program that checks the integrity of backups on a weekly basis so that your company doesn’t have to worry about the condition of its stored data. Our offerings also include online backup services that provide an extra peace of mind in the event that physical hardware is somehow jeopardized or damaged during disasters such as fires or hurricanes.
When RemoteWorks manages your backups, you can rest assured that−regardless of the circumstances − your business data will be secure and recoverable.
Network EvaluationsBack to Top
Most of our client relationships begin with us carrying out a thorough evaluation of the client's IT systems. In each case, this evaluation allows us to arrive at a mutual, comprehensive understanding of the current IT infrastructure, determine the reasoned steps that are needed to improve that infrastructure, and then develop formal documentation that will be used to provide efficient, on-going support.
Infrastructure ComponentsBack to Top
- The infrastructure components that are inspected and documented by certified engineers include:
- Physical Environment
- Services and Monitoring
- Backup and Redundancy
- Phones and other communications
Business ExposuresBack to Top
All network components are also evaluated for business exposures, and then rated in accordance with each of the following categories:
Critical exposures are issues that can cause a network to stop functioning, lose data, or prevent data recovery or system reconstruction in the event of a catastrophic failure.
Reliability-related issues are those issues that can cause a network to become unstable or provide inconsistent performance, but without resulting in critical loss of data, functionality, or serviceability.
Performance-related issues are those that can effect system responsiveness or throughput, but without a significant loss of data or functionality.
Assessment ReportsBack to Top
At the completion of every evaluation, clients receive a detailed report that covers each aspect of their system, lists any associated exposures presented to their business, and serves as a budgetary reference as the client thinks about possible infrastructure enhancements.
All assessment reports include the following elements:
- An overview of the technology infrastructure
- A detailed list and summary of business exposures
- Recommendations that are broken down by technical function, as well as degree of exposure
- Network diagrams
- A list of projects (and their associated costs) that are recommended in order to address infrastructure weaknesses
- Product specifications and equipment sourcing recommendations
Network DesignBack to Top
All network design projects handled by RemoteWorks (whether it be for a new network, addition, or change to an existing network) are structured to prioritize and meet client needs. Network planning and design is an interactive process that engages RemoteWorks’ engineering and project management team, as well as the client's project leader. RemoteWorks engineers evaluate client goals, suggest solutions that will meet those goals, and then confirm that the client is fully aware of what is needed to move the project forward.
RemoteWorks utilizes a Systems Analysis approach to network design that includes:
- Employing master techniques in order to evaluate the health of an existing network and establish a baseline for measuring the performance of a new design
- Exploring solutions that best meet Quality of Service (QoS) requirements and networking protocol needs
- Effectively incorporating the right technologies into network designs, including WANs/LANs, Firewalls, VPNs, Wireless Access Points (APs), Managed Switches, Web Filtering, Email Filtering, and IP Telephony
Network MonitoringBack to Top
Monitoring services are often put in place to watch critical network components. These services function to send out alerts whenever preset thresholds are violated, or in the event that a network component fails.
Once RemoteWorks has implemented monitor controls for a client, the technical team is then able to proactively respond just as problems occur, and in many cases, detect and remedy potential vulnerabilities before they ever actualize.
Clients that enlist RemoteWorks to provide monitoring services can expect an initial consultation in which an engineer reviews their network(s), suggests which components should be watched, and then recommends monitoring thresholds. And because our service is not priced by the number of devices to be monitored, clients don't have to worry about budgetary restrictions leaving certain components unchecked and vulnerable.
Our monitoring services allow you to rest assured that experienced technicians are watching your networks, even if you are not in a position to do so.
- Proactive monitoring of servers, workstations, connections, switches, routers, internet connections, and backups
- 24×7 monitoring
- Trend reporting in order to support capacity planning
Network SecurityBack to Top
Broadly speaking, network security consists of any strategic measures that are taken to protect a network from unauthorized access and attacks. The most common threats to the security of an IT infrastructure include, viruses, spyware, and other harmful applications (malware) that – through either internal or external channels – have the potential to penetrate a network.
Security issues such as these can not only interfere with the efficiency of individual computers and entire networks, but may also result in email blacklisting, stolen or lost data, and other catastrophic consequences for systems and the businesses that they support. The medical, legal, and financial professions (in particular) then face additionally-complicated security challenges; their IT systems have to protect against all of these threats while, at the same time, operating according to strict governmental regulations.
As a specialist in network security, RemoteWorks will make sure that your company is both safe and compliant. We guard the IT investments and operations of our clients by providing:
- Internet firewall protection
- Virus protection solutions
- Secure network access for remote users
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) connections
- Intrusion detection
- Disaster recovery planning for business continuity
- Content filtering and internet access management tools
- Policy and procedures for internal network usage
- HIPAA compliance evaluations
Secure destruction of data
Data Center/Co-location ServicesBack to Top
RemoteWorks' co-location service offers secure space – at the NAP of the Americas – for your business to house IT equipment. Managed by Terremark, this facility makes it easy for you to maintain ownership of your equipment, while at the same time, greatly minimizing the potential risk that is presented to your IT infrastructure by hurricanes, power outages, and other types of disasters.
When your hardware is housed at the NAP of the Americas, it (and all of the critical resources that it supports) will remain functional even if your office is faced with a power outage or some other type of catastrophic occurrence. Moreover, security professionals are always on site to prevent any unauthorized access to your equipment .
You can call upon RemoteWorks to not only get your equipment housed and operational at the NAP of the Americas, but to also put together a service package that keeps the equipment healthy via either on-site or remote support.
The NAP of the Americas provides:
- A Secure, controlled access facility
- UPS protected power
- Climate-controlled environment
- Redundant power supply
- 15 Domestic fiber backbones
Website, Email, and Domain Name System (DNS) Hosting ServicesBack to Top
RemoteWorks can greatly diminish the burdens of your business by hosting and managing your website, as well as handling all of your email and DNS needs. And by relying on our own servers for the job, we free up IT resources for you to utilize elsewhere.
In addition to basic hosting services, RemoteWorks also provides all of the following tools, technologies, and services.
Tools and TechnologiesBack to Top
- Canned CGI scripts
- Full CGI access
- SSH and Telnet
- Raw log files plus analyzed access statistics
- Unlimited email forwarding
- Auto responding
- Vanity domain names
ServicesBack to Top
- Affordable (green) hosting
- Daily web statistics
- SSL availability
- FTP account
- Large bandwidth allotment
- Plenty of disk space
- Reasonable transfer allowance
- Domain registration and renewal
- DNS management with custom DNS records
- Unlimited email accounts (POP/IMAP)
- Spam control
- Webmail access
- 5GB+ Disk Usage
Computer MaintenanceBack to Top
RemoteWorks offers proactive computer maintenance for servers as well as workstations. We will coordinate with you in order to put together a program of scheduled diagnostic services and cleanups.
Our preemptive approach to computer maintenance helps to identify and remedy potential problems before they actually happen, not only cutting down on the incidence of system failures, but saving time and money for our clients.
CablingBack to Top
As a full-service telecommunications firm, RemoteWorks has the certified and licensed technicians to handle all of your IT cabling needs. Whether we are servicing an existing line, or running new cables for an additional office or functionality, you can expect first-class work that is fully compliant with your IT infrastructure.
Our cabling services include all of the following:
- CAT 5e, CAT 6 Runs / Termination
- Wireless Access Points : Configuration, Security, and
- Security / Access systems
- Computer room design builds
- Electrical and construction coordination
- FDDI / Fiber-optic splicing, termination and installation
- Cabling for lighting, video, and other low voltage applications
Wireless NetworkingBack to Top
If your business is either currently using, or plans to use, 802.11 (WiFi) wireless technology to expand the range of its office network, RemoteWorks can help design a viable WiFi topology, recommend appropriate hardware and software components, and integrate various solutions, such as access points, wireless LAN client adapters, bridges, antennas, and accessories. Additionally, we can also assist you in creating a wireless security strategy that cleanly integrates with the global security protocol already in place for your business network.
Look to RemoteWorks for a consultative approach that is driven to make sure your wireless infrastructure complements the overall needs and budget of your business.